BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.

How does one go about making these. Do I grill it? put it in the oven? how/what do I season it with? I am really craving this and it would be a good thing to have besides kabobs for this weekend.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 5:40 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I do mine in the crockpot. It's just a roast and a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce. Cook on low till it falls apart. Remove any bones and fat. Shred the meat with forks. Serve on warm buns.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:59 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I just got a recipe in my inbox from Martha Stewart...

You can do both, whatever's easiest. You can grill it, or you can use it in the oven. If it were me, I'd probably put a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the meat and let the sauce do the rest. Yum!

http://www.marthastewart.com/menu/easy-pulled-pork-sandwiches-with-baked-potatoes-and-cucumber-salad?xsc=eml_eat_2009_05_29
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 6:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• the way i do it, is i put my meat (i use a tenderloin roast) in my crockpot. no water. i season it with salt and pepper. let it cook on high for a few hours. keep an eye on it, turn it. when its done, i put it on a plate and shredd it. put it back in the crockpot and add bbq sauce.
    if you dont have a crockpot, put it in the oven like you are cooking a roast. when it is done, take it out, shredd it, put it in a pot with bbq sauce.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Crock pot! Buy a shoulder or a butt. (pork). cook on low in pot for several hours untill it falls apart with a fork. Once it's done, pull any extra fat off, and fork it to death untill it's all shredded. Then just add your favorite BBQ sauce and stir it up real good. yumm!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I also make mine in the crockpot almost identical to the way the first poster has listed. My family absolutely loves this. Put it on some good buns.....YUM!
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:30 PM on May. 30, 2009