why doesnt ur dog or cat ge sick when every one else gets sck in the house?

Asked by jsalazar at 3:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I don’t think a simple human cold will do anything to our pets, if you think about it… their immune system is very strong…. They lick their XXXX and don’t get sick..

Answer by sara76c at 4:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Our animals are all pretty healthy.I have never noticed them get sick but when I am depressed they seem to sense it.

Answer by momofsixangels at 3:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I think they have a different immune system then us??? good question.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 4:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Its because they are dogs and we are humans, we are often affected by different viruses etc. That is why pig viruses only affect pigs and horse viruses affect horses. Most viruses are host specific and can only affect one species. This is why dogs are vaccinated for things cats are not and why our children are vaccinated for things animals are not

Answer by cougarkristi at 9:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It's very rare for a virus that makes people sick to also make an animal sick. To put it simply, the virus is "picky" about the type of animal it attacks.

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008