Why do people find it repulsive to breastfeed an older baby/young toddler, but yet it doesn't seem to matter to them when they see a baby drinking SODA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because our society's children are forcefully detached and thrown into unhealthy lifestyles. It's the American way. Bad moms get off to calling good moms weird or gross to distract from any negative attention about their poor choices. BFing long term is healthy. Soda at any age is bad. Soda for babies disgusts me.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:19 PM on May. 30, 2009

• You're kidding right?
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 5:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• because to them breast are a sexual thing
    Anonymous

• BUMP!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 5:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ok this is a strange question. My feeling is that it's none of my business how long a woman nurses a child, but personally nursing a baby past 2 is just not something i would EVER do, and seeing a toddler walk and talk, maybe even potty training, going up to his/her mom and lifting her shirt up to nurse is just not something I would care to see.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Because they're ignorant, intolerant, and stupid? :)
    MamaToLucas

Answer by MamaToLucas at 5:49 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Its just not the cultural norm. My DD is almost a year, I'm gonna start weening soon. TTC in August and BF makes it harder. I'm very shy about BF though...I just don't do it in public. I don't care what other people do though, you could BF a 4 yr old in front of me and I wouldn't care.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• So did you know soda contributes to mood disorders in children and metabolic problems?
    Anonymous

• Really it does, I better get my 10 and 16 year old to the doc right away to get put on anti-depressants for their mood disorders lol. Just kidding, LOTS of things contribute to mood and metabolic disorders,
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Because a lot of people are very stupid. They don't care how healthy it is for children to breast feed because to them it's an inconvenience. So then they tell mother's who do what's best that we are perverted.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:02 PM on May. 29, 2009