Getting ready to make the switcharoo!

I am getting ready to switch my lo from formula to milk as he will be 1 in a week. My question is, he is not big on table foods, only eats limited amounts, but still loves stage 2 foods. Did you notice that when you took your babies off of formula that they were more hungry for actual food? I am just wondering if I can expect that he will eat more since the formula will no longer be sustaining him. I am in hopes that his appetite will increase.

Scoobersmom

Asked by Scoobersmom at 5:52 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son actually was better at eating for the bottles than normal foods - he's not picky really, he just doesn't eat enough - my son didn't tolerate whole milk either, things I noticed were that he woke more at night crying with a tummy ache, i could hear it in his belly, he had a rash on his butt which was an allergy to the milk turned into ezcema. good luck -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Generally babies decide themselves when they feel like they need/want more nutrition from foods rather then milk/formula, but as you make the switch, you should offer less milk a day..like 3 times total, and give water or diluted juice with meals so he doesnt feel himself up on milk and will eat more food.
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 6:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Just make sure you only offer about 16 ounces of cow's milk a day. It's the same as formula and he needs to get nutrients from solid foods. If you don't think he's eating a good variety you can put him back on formula.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Have you done the big switch to the cup yet? switching to a cup helped mine to depend less on the formula for fullness and start eating more solids. I also agree with MoonLover
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Sorry I meant to type it's not the same as formula. That's why if he isn't eating a good variety you should put him back on formula.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:59 PM on May. 29, 2009