If I don't want to see someone

when I have the baby can I tell the dr. that this person is not allowed to see me? My mom has caused SO much drama since I have been preggers and I don't want that drama after I give birth. What do I tell the dr.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• tell the dr and nurses (the nurses are the ones there all the time) that you don't want visitors w/o your approval, and they will make sure that no one gets in w/o you saying its ok. you could also tell them specifically who you don't want in the room and they should be able to keep an eye out. however it will also depend on where in the ward you are, if you aren't by the nurses station than they can't see whos going in and out. so you may want to ask whoever is staying with you (if anyone) to make sure she doesn't get into your room
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:02 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yep-let the dr know that you dont want them in there and they wont let the person in the room '
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Make sure the nurses know. They are the ones that are around and know what is going on, not the dr. But you can definitely keep her out if you want.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 6:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yes, you can tell the nurses...have it in your birth plan too.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Our hospital will not monitor guests. Its either visitors or no visitors:( They dont guard your room for certain people to show up:(
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Telling the nurses doesn't always work. My DH"s grandma had a stroke 2 weeks before I gave birth and was a few floors down. Well I knew if any of them found out I was there they would come up to visit and I didn't want them there (he has a very large family). Well I told the nurses, but they didn't inform the new ones when they changed shifts and next thing I knew a huge group of people were descending on my room. DH stopped them before they got all the way in and told them I was too tired and they could come back tomorrow though. At our hospital (and I thought most others too) the maternity ward is locked down so if you want in you have to press a button and tell the nurse who you want to see. Since I didn't want any visitors except for a short list they also asked their name and if they were not on the list they didn't even get into the ward.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Your the one having the baby. Let the nurses and your doctor know who you want in your room and who you don't. If you don't want someone in there with you, they will be asked to wait in the waiting room.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 9:40 AM on May. 30, 2009

• You can tell the hospital that you don't want certain people in to see you and/or your baby. You may want to think about this decision. Maybe is you tell your mom this, she may stop the drama. Grandchildren change people a lot.
    lisarob

Answer by lisarob at 9:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2009