tubes tied

i had my baby on may 6th and im schedules to have my tubes tied on june 12th i also have a 5yr old and an 8 yr old, how long did it take u to recover when u had your tubes tied? willl i need help with my kids or will i be able to take care of them?

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 6:06 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it veries for everyone. i was not up to par for a week, but that was ok since hubby took over for me. I am sure that if i had too i would have been able to handle normal life ok.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 6:36 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i had mine done the day after i delivered this last baby... i got to say (given birth a total of 4 times-vaginally) the recovery FOR ME was worse than birth recovery altogether... i HAD to take the pain meds for about 3-4 days after the surgery BUT still was able to care for my NB, almost 2yr old, almost 4yr old AND almost 6yr old.... i would have your hubby take a couple days off IF HE CAN... or at least have someone to help out w the baby for a couple days.. DEF ask for prescription pain med.
    mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 7:28 PM on May. 29, 2009

• im havin it done on a friday so my hubby will be off sat and sun but there is no way he can afford to take off any more
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 8:17 PM on May. 29, 2009