Hello,it's been awhile

Hi! It's been awhile sense I last posted on here. Sorry, we had a car accident so that put me out of commission for a while. We're all okay, now, so no worried. I must say that the last few months have been going pretty good until today. I have a question, though. Is it normal for Asperger's kids to over eat? To hide the food and eat it and then deny they did it? My son, 13, does this and he has gained so much weight the last few months its crazy. The doctor's are at an end as to what to do. They have him on meds to help control his eating, but it doesn't seem to work. What should I do? I, too, am at my wits end with this. He wass suppose to go on a band trip tomorrow, but b/c he ate 2 huge bags of M&M's and then denied it(we found the empty bags in his room under his bed). So he is mad and went to his room and totally messed it up. What do I do?

jacobsmom208

Asked by jacobsmom208 at 6:08 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I hide all junkfood in my bedroom closet at the top where even i need a stool to reach it with just my fingertips. that way when my boys raid the kitchen they only have healthy food for options. i do not buy junk food while they are with me so that they do not know what i have and are not tempted to look for it. GL
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 6:29 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I am surprised that you have junk food in the house. You may want to consider moving your family to the feingold diet, or something similar: www.feingold.org

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 PM on May. 29, 2009