Toddler Activities.....

My son is 13 months and I was just wondering what activites should I do with him? Kodi loves the outdoors.....but it has been raining alot here the past few weeks. Thanks for your help!

bjones2552

Asked by bjones2552 at 6:12 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• finger painting, coloring, bake cookies together, read books, my son likes to help me with laundry and cleaning the house, or put on raincoats and boots and jump in some puddles!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 6:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster, my daughter is about 16 months but she has LOVED finger painting for a while. She likes to read books and also color with crayons. She also likes to play with toys and dance with me, she also enjoys listening to nursery rhymes. At that age they like also like puppets. um.. here is a link i found of activities for age groups...

http://www.babycenter.com/0_lets-play-weekly-activities-for-your-childs-second-year_10309678.bc?scid=momstodd_20090414_B:3&pe=329KtN
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 9:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My 17 mo. loves finger painting, coloring, simple crafts w/ paper & glue stick. Edible playdoh (recipies online), library visits r lots of fun. Reading we do that a lot. Putting animal faces on popsicle sticks & playing peek a boo & making noises. Making music instruments w/ rice or pasta & cups, etc.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If you want to do something away from home you can, visit a pet shop or fish shop and look at all the animals, go to an aquarium, go to a library 9many even have story time for kids), visit family or friends, go out to lunch or coffee (you get coffee and baby gets banana and juice)or join and online play group. Just a few ideas. Good luck.
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 2:29 AM on May. 30, 2009

• You can fill a little bowl with water and let him "wash" some of his toys with a washcloth. My son loves to color and paint, and we break out the play doh fairly often. My son also has a little play kitchen, so he cooks for me, it's so cute! If you don't have a play kitchen, turn a laundry basket over as the "stove", fill a small pot with colored blocks and give him a spoon.
    You can also make what we call "magic water". Fill some clear glasses with water half way, then add put different colored food coloring in each glass. It's lots of fun, and he learns something about how to mix different colors to make new ones!
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 2:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2009