how much does your toddler eat?

it seems like my son isn't eating as much lately. for dinner today he ate 3 chicken fingers (they're only like 4 in x 1 in) and a cup of fruit. how much does your toddler eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 3 year old is the same way. As long as he gets his vitamins and at least is eating than I'm cool. Sometimes he eats likes a hog {which is rarely}, I feel like I've hit the lottery when he does that.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:20 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Toddlers go through growth spurts just like infants, they just dont happen as often or arent as noticeable the older they get. Some days they will eat a ton and some they will seem to slow down. My daughter was eating a TON for about a week and then slowed down again, it goes in spurts...
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 6:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• For my son it depends on the meal. Like breakfast he isn't that hungry. Lunch he will usually eat pretty well, and then dinner (after he has been really active all day) he will eat basically everything put in front of him. I try and keep him active all day so that might be it??
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 6:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• All toddlers go through the air-atarian phase. Keep offering nutritions snacks, like whole grain bread with sunflower butter or avocado.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• your toddler eats more than mine! lol i woudlnt worrya bout it she is eating her fruits just try to get in a lil of veggies atleast. i am giving this advice but my son is terrible at eating veggies.. or even meat or chicken... *sighs* hope this passes and he eats better soon.
    firstXmomTX

Answer by firstXmomTX at 7:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• mine is usually a lil piggy...but as of yesterday she has hardly had anything, a few bites at most...she's teething really bad.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:12 PM on May. 29, 2009