Can you ever really tone a C-section tummy??

I need some encouragement... I'm having a bad self esteem day. I want to start working out, and my target parts are my tummy and arms. I like the rest of my body. But I've had 2 C-sections, and I need hope that it is possible to get my tummy toned... I know it may never be FLAT... but it would be nice if it didn't jiggle.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 6:22 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If you can, I'd like to know!
    Anonymous

• my friend had a csection and her stomache is awesome.... she did work out before and during pregnancy though, so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. BUT ITS POSSIBLE FOR YOU!
    Anonymous

• So, there is hope?
    Anonymous

• I wasn't allowed to work out during my pregnancies. ( I have a difficult time, and was put on bed rest with both) I walked alot in the beginning, but once my body started working too hard, the doctors put an end to that...
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My tummy is in great shape...I'll say it again ...Bikram yoga rocks.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Well, I have only had one c-section and was lucky enough to not have a single stretchmark. I have been working out and I am seeing a change in my tummy. It is just fat . . . do cardio to work it off, you do not need to do crunches right now. Everyone has a six pack, but it is hidden by the fat. Do you cardio honey . . before you know it . . . you will have a 4 pack . . that's all women should really have anyway!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:16 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Am working on it!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:15 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I've had 2 c-sections also and my tummy is in GREAT shape...except for the stretched out skin that will never go back. I do aerobics, ab workouts, pilates/yoga,and am in the best physical shape of my life. My abs are rock hard, my stomach muscles are flat, but I've got that baggy skin that makes it look like I'm still chubby in the middle. It makes me want to scream. I think the only thing I can do about it is a tummy tuck. I don't know if you're frustration with you stomach is due to the muscles or the skin. The muscles are totally fixable with hard work. The skin, not so much.
    Anonymous