my right side of my face is swollen!

so i wake up today with my lip all swollen. s i was like umm ok.. i took a shower and it went down but then my cheek is swollen. i dont know.. all i ate yesterday was .. lets see at work i ate a jumbo jack w/no pickle no onion. then i didnt eat till late last night i ate some frozen fruit wich was blue berries and straberries.. then i had chicken and mac and chese.. what could it be? what can i do for the swelling to g down?? i went to wally mart and they told me that the over the counter benadrly wouldnt not work..

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 6:25 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

• Did you try to pop a "pimple" near that spot in the last few days?
    I tried to pop what I thought was a pimple near my lip one time, and my face swelled up bad! I didn't have insurance, so I didn't go to the Dr. but the nurse I called was really concerned because my symtoms lasted for days. She said it could be cellulitus.

My advice to you would be to see your doctor ASAP. It could be nothing... but it could also be one of a variety of serious conditions.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I told you I was going to bitch slap you last night!
    Anonymous

• See a doctor. Could be a skin infection, allergic reaction, or a bug bite.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:02 AM on May. 30, 2009