(i know its gross but i'm a little worried) green and yellow poo in my 10 month old

my 10 month old has had slight diarrea for the last several days and loss of apatite, and vomited once. she doesn't act sick, but isn't hungry. the last few days her poo has been very smelly, and greenish or yellow with little white bits, like curds. i know its gross... i'm supplementing BF with formula and have been for over two months. i've cut out any possible foods that could have caused it, but she's never had a bad food reaction. any suggestions? thanks!

ariel08

Asked by ariel08 at 6:26 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does she have a fever? it sounds like she may have some kind of virus. it will probably just need to run it's course. Just keep giving her fluids so she doesn't dehydrate. Try giving her some pedialyte if she won't drink water. If she has a fever lay off of the milk for a while. Just give her baby food and fluids. in a few days reintroduce the milk.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:29 PM on May. 29, 2009

• only time to be concerned about poo color is if it's a pale color or red/black! if youre feeding him a lot of foods with that color that might be it. but if its really smelling horrible, like gagging horrible, it might be a virus. get an appt with the dr. since she's had diarrhea for several days! and give her pedialyte/lots of fluids
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My daughter has been going thru the same thing. She had a fever in the being of the week and its been 7 days now that shes had the diarrhea. Doctor said it was from teething. But i personally think that there's something eles going on, like a virus. My daughter is also not eating what she normally would so im giving her more formula, her poop to me reminds me what she had when she was a little baby and wasn't on any foods yet. Just make sure you give her lots of fluids. Doctor told me not to give her any kinds of juices.
    Anonymous