would it be wrong for me to let my 25 month old daughter run around naked in our backyard?

We dont have neighbors behind us, but we do have a greenspace that s open to anyone; but no one is ever there.

lovemylittle1

Asked by lovemylittle1 at 6:30 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• naked babies are awesome! my son has had a bad diaper rash and letting him run around naked has been helping out a lot. he pressed against the window not too long ago with SO's buddy over, and he said "Hey Sid I see you're wearing you're birthday suit!" LOL a naked baby isnt offensive! now if you join her naked running through the backyard I can see where neighbors might find it inappropriate lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would just let her go in a diaper. You really need to be weary of perverts. You don't want people taking inappropriate pics of your little girl. I know it is rare. But it can happen to anyone.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• OK. well were working on potty training and the deck and kitchen are the only places not carpeted. lol. So i put her potty out on the deck and shes sitting on it right now. She knows when she has to go, but we cant get her diaper offf it time.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 6:36 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Growing up we were always naked, once we hit like 3 to 4 we just had shorts on but no shirt...It hot in the south and if boys can do it why not girls, hell at that age we all look the same on top LOL.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Although I personally see nothing wrong with it, you need to be careful, as others might. Not to mention there are real creeps out there who get off to that sort of thing...I have no idea how you could EVER look at a child in a sexual way...but none the less there are people that do. I doubt it would happen in your own backyard, but you never know. I would say keep her diaper on or some sort of something covering her bottom just in case. It's sad that kids can't play naked anymore outside and in the sprinkler and kiddie pools like I did when I was little.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No, of course not. Let her be a nudie all she wants.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I let my daughter be naked in the back yard if the neighbors aren't out. We have a privacy fence except on one side and it's just really big bushes so the kids can't see over. Clothing is always optional in the house.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• As long as it is completely private it is fine. And I think it is fine anyway, but as the others have said there are pervs out there. Our back yard is isolated, and I used to let the little ones splash around in their kiddie pool with no clothes on.

Answer by Bmat at 7:44 PM on May. 29, 2009