WHAT would you take for a really bad tooth ache?? please help!!

I have taken orajel and tylenol ...I'm 5 months pregnant I dont know what else to take I cant take the pain any one....

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 6:35 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Motrin. tylenol is for pain yes but not for inflammation that causes the pain. Motrin is what worked for me. call your dentist for more ideas. also, cloves can be put on it. I heard aspirin put on the tooth will help but call a dentist to be sure

Answer by admckenzie at 6:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yeah ibuprofen
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 6:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i feel for you...i had a cracked tooth with a huge cavity in it. i would call your dr and dentist because they allowed me to get my tooth pulled in the 2nd trimester. they just use numbing stuff that only numbs that area...doesnt go through your body. i was also told by a friend who works in a nursing home that said they crush tylenol and apply that directly to the pain, which i guess works amazing. i would call your dr tho 4 sure and see what they say.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 6:40 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Tylenol with codeine is safe in moderation during pregnancy. Speak to your doctor/dentist about it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Check with your dr. before taking motrin if your pg. I would go see a dentist. I ended up need a root canal during both of my pregnancies. Good luck and feel better soon!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 6:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I was a dental asst. for 15 years, stop using the orajel it works only for kids cutting teeth. If it is really bad ice cold water held over will help, it sounds like it might be abscessed, if that is the case nothing will help but a prescription for an antibiotic. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. Dixie

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 6:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Also put ice not heat on the toothache. If there is an infection heat will cause it to spread. I found that out the hard way.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 6:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• sadira29 is right NO HEAT.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 6:47 PM on May. 29, 2009

• CRUSH AN ASPIRIN OR PAIN PILL IN IT
    RUSTI44

Answer by RUSTI44 at 6:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I was also going to say cloves. Good luck, I know tooth pain if awful!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:08 PM on May. 29, 2009