Am i wrong for thinking this?

I feel like my husband only has me around to clean the house, do the laundry, make him dinner, and have sex. I asked him 2 days ago to take out the trash and he said he would do it before he went back to work(he was on lunch) well he didnt. So i waited and thought he would do it after dinner and nope not then either. Well i asked him agian when i saw him putting his trash on the kitchen counter because it wont fit in the trashcan. What the hell can i do so i can feel like im not a damn slave. Im pregnant and my feet have been swolen for the past few days and all he said was suck it up. But its to the point where any pressure on them will bring me to tears. Well about 15 min ago i got yelled at because i didnt jump up to help him with his fish tank crap. Then he went to turn on the tub and i got yelled at agian because the shower turned on and he snaped at me thinking i was the last to take a shower! I dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• well something is stressing him and he has been taking it out on u, maybe the move. You say he hasnt always been like this, so talk to him. Anytime my bf or I get too snappy with each other, make the other one talk. my bf is the most stubborn man n the world but i tell him, "look, i need to know whats goin on in your life cuz its affecting me! so your gonna talk or i'm not gonna do shit until u do". Its our way of saying, i'm here for u and u cant keep pushing me away because if u do it just makes everything worse. try it out, if it doesn't work then maybe u really need to show him ur not a doormat. let me know what happens. I'm on ur side, i just dont think that everyones thinking about the full picture and too quick to tell u to leave.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 1:46 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Sounds like a winner to me-get a new man
    Anonymous

• doesn't sound like he's being very nice..i would give him a taste of his own medicine! When you do laundry do your own, leave his where he put it, ect ect..i've been meaning to try that at my house..but we were getting company so i had to clean..lol.maybe i'll try next week..good luck hope things get better.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 6:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• tell him to suck it up and take out the trash. Ask him who'd he have to yell at if you packed your crap and left him to deal with life alone?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• OP here. He hasnt always been like this its just been this past week or 2. I have tryed the leaving his laundry where he put it thing but then because he dosnt relize he has no clean clothes then he wears a dirty one that dosnt smell bad till "I can throw in a load for him". Its like nothing i do helps if i dont do it it dosnt get done.
    Anonymous

• counseling? or threaten to leave? or go stay with someone for the weekend..??
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 6:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with Anon...he sounds like a real-winner. (Rolls eyes) I would tell him to kiss your ass if I was you. My fiance does EVERYTHING for me...even before I was pregnant. If he even snapped on me for not doing something now, being pregnant, he would get his head ripped off. I believe there should be as much even and fair help around the house from both people, but when you are pregnant, you should AT LEAST get a pass on SOME things.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i would just start worrying about your own mess, leave his crap. as for your stuff..laundry, dishes...ask a friend to come and help you. itll give you time to vent as well! i feel similar sometimes, but then i start thinking.. "if i leave the mess, then its unsanitary for the baby"..so sometimes it's a lose lose. i would def ask a friend or family member to come over and help you out a little tho. just leave his stuff.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 6:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You shouldn't let anyone treat you poorly. I'd say tell him how you feel but it doesn't sound like he has much respect for you so I'm not sure what good it would do. If he has always been this way don't stay with him just because of the baby.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• wow mama he's got a case of the mondays! is he having a stressful tme at work maybe? has he always been like this since you met him? have you had the guts to just let it all out and tell him off, letting him know you'd like him to help out around the house since he lives there too and you're not a damn maid? you shouldnt even have to explain that you're tired, your achy and pregnant and would like him to load the dishwasher just this ONCE to prove he's a real man lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:58 PM on May. 29, 2009