Have you ever wondered if pediatricians follow the vaccine government schedule for their own children?

There are no doctors in my family so I'm still wondering what do they do when it comes to vaccinate their own children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on May. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids pediatrician does not because he is Mormon I believe. He and his children have not been vaccinated but he also says that his children and himself have had mumps and measles. My doctor though does follow the vaccine schedule. I ask him as a second opinion on things about my kids.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't care what my child's doctor chooses for his children. I have made an informed decison baed on many sources.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:18 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Some doctors do and some don't. My friends are doctors and some got pissy when I said I wasn't vaccinating DD anymore and others said they agreed with me.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would only take my children to a doctor that has the same beliefs as me. It was one of the first questions I asked him.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 7:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't think this questioon deserves a 'smart mouth ' answer. It is a legit question. Doctor's don't always practice what they preach. My doctor smokes and I noticed he was telling someone else that they need to quit smoking.

I agree with MoonLover06
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 7:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my old pediatrician used to tell me take the baby off the bottle at 6 months and off of the sippy at 1 and a few other things but i used to laugh because her daughter who was 2 days older than my son was still walking around with a paci and a bottle at 3 lol so i dont go by the dr all the time- i make informed decisions on things with a mixture of common sense, doctors guidance and experienced mom advice lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with frogdawg
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Seeing what the government schedule is a RECOMMENDATION, I could care less what someone else does, inlcuding my sons pediatrician. Every parent has the right to parent the way that they wish. My sons pediatrician happens to agree with me on a lot of the things I did with my son. I don't take my doctos word as gospel, I do have a brain of my own and can make the decisions I make for my son without needing to know what other people do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:59 PM on May. 29, 2009