Will we recognize eachother in heaven?

My mother reciently asked me this question. She believes that we won't because then if someone wasn't there we would feel sorrow and there isn't sorrow in heaven.
Please Christians only. Since I'm asking about the Christian concept and beliefs of christians it doesn't make sense for others to comment.

teamquinn

Asked by teamquinn at 6:50 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• C. Already in these two passages we have the doctrine of rewards and punishments taught, which implies and necessitates the conclusion that future recognition is an assured fact. In the field of criminal jurisprudence, for example, a man is regarded as worthy of punishment for unsocial acts committed, only when it appears that he is mentally capable of recognizing the nature of his deed.
    3) LUKE 16:19-31(NASB)
    A. A study of the context will show that the rich man had all his faculties. He could feel, see, hear, remember, etc. If you say it is a parable, that changes nothing.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with your mom
    Anonymous

• I think that we will!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 6:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't agree. When I go to Heaven, I will see my brother and nana. They will look slightly different but I will know who they are.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 6:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it depends on how you define heaven. I am a christian and I personally believe in reincarnation.
    I do think that you will recognize people in heaven, I don't think you will "miss" people either. I think you know they are still on their journey and accept it as such.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

Anbd if they are not there? then what?
    Anonymous

• I think we will as well. I know there will be no suffering in Heaven, but I don't know if we will forget everything.... I know there are certains people that I just could not bare to forget. Plus we designed for relationships.... why would we build relationships with people here and not recognize them. Also in the bible didn't Paul, or someone get a vision, or a few minutes in Heaven to recognize Elijah or Benjamin or something... correct me if I'm wrong.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Anbd if they are not there? then what?

I know they are there.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 7:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I know they are there.
    How do you know?
    Anonymous

• I'm hoping for a new group of peeps ;)
    Anonymous