does anyone believe this or herd of this?

the other day i was talking to one of my friends and she says that when your pregnant and you start having alot of heart burn it means the baby is growing hair. has anyone else herd of that? she said the "doctor told her that" but i doubt it.lol

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 7:02 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard of it, it may be true may not. It's not proven
    Cassie14

Answer by Cassie14 at 7:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• That's just an old wives tale. I had terrible heartburn with 2 of my four pregnancies and they all 4 had lots of hair.
    Anonymous

• That's funny - never heard of that one. I really, really, really doubt it's true.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 7:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I had a hell of a lot of heartburn with my son and he was born with a head full of hair. I also had a lot of heartburn with my daughter and she was born with little to no hair. It is just a hit or miss wives tale.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:07 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I have heard this and actually they are starting to say there is some truth to this "old wives tale."

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/health/other/articles/2007/02/20/the_claim_mothers_heartburn_means_a_hairy_newborn/
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I have heard of it but i dont belive it. If thats the case when my baby comes out hes going to look like an ape lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:28 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i THiNK iT'S JUST AN OLD WiVES TALE BUT MY MOM HAD A LOT OF iNTERGESTiON WiTH ME AND WHEN i WAS BORN i HAD A HEAD FULL OF HAiR. LOL.
    XPECTiNGMOMMY

Answer by XPECTiNGMOMMY at 7:37 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I had heartburn from hell and my son was born bald and didn't get any hair till he was almost a year old.
    Anonymous

• i had terrible hurt burn in my first pregnancy and my baby hardly had any hair. it's a myth.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:08 PM on May. 29, 2009

• There is actually some truth to this old wives tale.

While moms whose have bald little babies still get heart burn mom's whose babies had lots of hair had more heart burn and often reported more severe cases of heart burn than those who had bald babies.

There have been a couple of studies that test "Old Wives Tales" to see if there are any truth to them and when this one was tested the above is what they found.
    Anonymous