Is it normal for my almost 3 month old son to drink 8 ozs of milk every 4 hours?

He is now 13 lbs and was born 8 lbs 9 oz

sweetyty

Asked by sweetyty at 7:02 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different. I'm a feed on demand advocate unless the doctor tells you otherwise because of weight. I would however consider starting solids early (4 1/2 mo. or so)....it sounds like your little one will need it! =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Mine never did but that doesn't make it not 'normal' All babies are different. Weight doesn't mean anything alone either. 13 lbs. sounds big when you say it like that but he is probably also very long. You should be due for a check up soon so you can talk to the ped then about your concerns. You most likely just have a big tall baby on your hands. Big babies are gonna eat more to meet their personal calorie needs to continue to grow properly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You must be pumping 10 hours a day..

Answer by rkoloms at 7:17 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes. Depends on the baby. My first born never took more than 6oz at a time during the first year. My next 2 took 8 oz at a time by 3 months old. The first of those was 20 pounds by 6 months and the second was 25 pounds at 5 months. My first child didn't hit 25 pounds until she was 3.5. LOL Every baby is different and 8 oz at a time is fine and normal.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 7:34 PM on May. 29, 2009