• In the Spotlight:

Speaking from personal experience, which is the best/safest birth control?

While my husband and I want more children, our only one so far is only barely six months old, so we are in no hurry. Neither of us can stand condoms; vaginal spermicide inserts are either difficult to put in, too messy, or (in one case) they get too warm; and abstinence is SO not going to happen. I have never used a chemical birth control, and there are so many that it gets confusing.

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 7:07 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

• I did really well with Ortho Cyclin. Right now I have the Mirena and I like it however I do have a cyst that it caused on my right ovary and apparently they are common in women who have the Mirena. It is so painful. I also heard that it causes "natural abortions" and I am in the middle of my own investigating about that so I may have it taken out if it turns out to be true.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:10 PM on May. 29, 2009

• abstinence. lol...the pill :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 7:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Diaphram

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I personally hate birth control pills. It screws up my hormones so bad. It causes everything from depression and axiety to a constant upset stomach. Fun stuff. I switched brands several times. But, for now I am off of it b/c we are wanting baby #2! Yay! I feel so much better now! What works for one may not work for another. Keep that in mind. Some women can use any kind with no side effects...then there's a few unlucky ones like me who can't stand any of them. Next I am going to look into the diaphram.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:13 PM on May. 29, 2009