Does anyone know what formula tastes best?

I was just randomly thinking of this today and thought I'd see if anyone knows.

Don't be a smart A** and say "breast milk", breast milk isn't formula.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Taste is individual. A baby who likes Gentlease might puke on Good Start. And so on.

Only way to choose a formula, really, is to experiment.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't know from experience because I thought that stuff stunk really bad, but my kids were on a bunch of different ones and i finally found one they would eat. That was similac. My doctor said they didn't have any stomach problems they probably just didn't like the taste of the others. I didn't know they had a different taste. LOL
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my baby girl liked emfamil the best and we tried like 4 different kinds
    chloesmommy09

Answer by chloesmommy09 at 7:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• to babies it must taste good- i guess, lol... i personally tasted a couple different ones when i switched my oldest from BM to formula after 6 mo's and they were all gross, lol... very much like iron itself.
    sorry not much help. i EBF my next 3 and BM is sweeter than formula so i would assume that if you can find one that more closely resembles BM it would be sweeter than the rest ?!?! maybe :)
    mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 7:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I tried them when my daughter (9 now) was a baby and Enfamil tastes like cardboard. Goodstart doesn't taste much better, but at least not like cardboard. LOL Luckily for the babies, the nipples put the formula so far back in their throat's, they can't even really taste it until they let go of the bottle. LOL
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Soy smells and tastes like green beans. My LO puked in my mouth once and I'll never eat green beans ever again.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 8:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My granddaughter preferred the taste of Parent's Choice over what the hospital gave her. When she went on WIC, though, they put her on something else and it took some time for her to get used to that.
    My oldest daughter ended up on soy formula back in 1988/1989 and it stunk to high heaven! I know it's easier to digest for babies who are lactose intolerant, but for crying out loud, do they have to make something so nasty for the poor little things? I suppose they really don't know any different until they start on foods and juices.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If breast milk was a formula, it would win the taste contest. Just had to be that smart a**
    Anonymous

• I'm sure there are some days when bm doesn't taste so great depending on what you ate. My LO didn't like it when I ate too much broccoli. Like she would suck three times, pull off and cry! haha. Still probably better than formula.

When we thought my daughter had a milk allergy the ped was suggesting formulas to try (we ended up continuing to bf) and he said that Enfamil's Nutramigen was tastier than Similac's Alimentum. So who knows about the other stuff?
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Sorry I havent tasted any formula lately
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 12:28 AM on May. 30, 2009