my little girl won't potty train

I have a 3 year old girl, who is a twin, and she will do really great going potty on some days, then others she will pee and poop all over herself and just doesn't care. She'll scream when I make her clean herself up, and she is just so stubborn, but I don't know what else to do to make her stop peeing and pooping in her clothes. any suggestions???

ptytrntwins

Asked by ptytrntwins at 7:19 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What methods have you tried? Have you tried reward charts? Also, if she likes Elmo, there's an awesome Elmo's Potty Time video, and other potty books and videos too.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• That must be so frustrating for you..sorry. Maybe it's time to back off a little bit and try to potty train again in a month or so. Some kids are sensitive and may feel pressure to train. Can you go back to diapers or pull-ups again for a while until she expresses interest in the potty again?
    crunchygranola

Answer by crunchygranola at 12:42 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Stop for about 30 days and then try the 3 day potty training method
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on May. 30, 2009

• i do ice cream or a favorite food for desert for a reward. that have worked for both of my kids. as far as the cleaning her self problem my dd is 4 and i still wipe her but just bc we r have issues with uti and the dr said it bc she isnt wipping her self good enough so i wouldnt make a big deal over that right now. another method ive seen work is the monkey see monkey do. have another child go to the bath room and then have ur dd do the same thing in time she'll gain confidence and do it on her own
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:04 PM on May. 30, 2009