Sick 11 month old?

My baby girl seems to be sick. I cant get ahold of her father (his work phone is dead) to pick up some Pedialite and ive been trying to get ahold of family so they can take me to the store... In the mean time, what does it sound like is wrong with her?
Since 9am she's done nothing but lay on me. I put her down and she looks up at me with those big beautiful blue eyes and pouts as if im abandoning her. So ive been holding her for 7 1/2 hours on and off. It is 70 degrees in here (about 92 outside) and i am BURNING UP (im 7 months pregnant) so she should feel cool to me, but she doesnt. Her forehead is scorching hot. Her eyes are droopy and sleepy looking, she has slight diahrea and has diaper rash that she got a few months ago from Milk Based formula. We switched her to Soy to get rid of it but now its back. She also doesnt want to eat and hasnt had many wet diapers..

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 7:23 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Look sweeite obviously you have no way to the e.r...so take and put cold rags on her feet,back of the neck and forhead..It will drop the temp.Give her as much water as she will take...and give her a luke warm bath.my baby was doing the same and it was a flu going around.
    Anonymous

• You need to take her to the hospital. She sounds really ill. If you are hot, and her she feels like she is burning up then she has a fever. probably a high fever. She should not have had a diaper rash that has gone on for months. That should have been taken care of with an antibiotic if it was that bad. She needs to be seen immediately. If you cannot find someone to come take you to the hospital you should call for an ambulance.

Have you taken her temp to see how high it is? make sure you push some fluids. with the diarrhea she is probably dehydrated. get her some help.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:27 PM on May. 29, 2009

• home made pedialyte:

4 cups water
    8 tsp sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 cup orange juice. (any other juice will work fine)

It's cheaper and my kids will actually drink it. Have you ever tasted actual pedialyte? That stuff is nasty! lol! I actually don't know a kid who will drink it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would take her to the ER, but for the time being take her clothes off and put her in a cool bath (not cold) and keep putting water on her head. Give her some tylenol to lower the fever and give her some kind of juice or water to keep her hydrated, maybe even put some warm broth from soap in her sippy cup to put some food in her belly. But keep her as cool as possible, no clothing. Our son had a temp of 106 and at the ER they made us take his clothing off and they gave him tylenol, they said if he didn't cool off they were going to soak him in a tub of water with ice. So while you wait to get ahold of someone take her clothing off and wet her head with cool water.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 7:36 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Sounds like some teething to me. My daughter got a really nasty fever and acted really sleepy when her teeth were cutting in between screaming. It was awful. If she doesn't feel better by tomorrow, take her to the hospital.
    Sassinaglass

Answer by Sassinaglass at 11:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ah, im sorry. I worded a few things wrong and left out a ton of information!
    She got diaper rash a few months ago, we took her to the doctor, she perscribed a cream and it went away a few days later. What i meant was; she got the rash again. The same rash she had a few months ago.
    Her temperature was 99.6 degrees.

I undressed her and kept cool wet cloths on her like you guys suggested and it seemed to make her feel alittle better. When Daddy came home we got her some Fruit Pedialite and she LOVED it, she started having wet diapers again. The next day she was cranky (and a bit mean) but the day after that she was perfectly fine. I have no idea what the problem was. Pedi told us to keep a close eye on her and if she gets worse she'd stop by (she makes house calls).
    Thank you all for your answers!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 11:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2009