ARE YOU MOVING OUT OF STATE?

FOR THOSE CHRISTIANS WHO DON'T APPROVE OF THE LIFESTYLE AND LIVE IN THE STATES THAT NOW IT IS LEGAL TO MARRY SAME SEX, HOW WILL YOU DEAL?

Asked by older at 7:26 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No, I want to move to one of those states or change the one I am in.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:27 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My state hasn't approved it yet. I figure it's going to happen whether we like it or not, so I'll just be here trying to be a witness for God. Maybe some will change their minds. It's all a part of the great falling away.
    Anonymous

• Why would I give up my home, my life, uproot my children, etc because I disagree with a legal decision? Put it another way, would my leaving affect anyone?
    No I will continue to stand up for truth in my personal life and in my witness.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ya..... How many left the country when Obama became president? .... Wasnt everyone yelling the same thing during the election?!
    Anonymous

• ditto to what Teamquinn said.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I highly doubt that Kentucky will be passing any sodomization laws any time soon. :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• srhmldndo--funny, and probably true!
    no, i won't be moving because of a silly legal decision. to say something like that would define my standard of living/choice of where i/family live, would be stupid. its not important to me whether same-sex marriages pass/fail. i'm more concerned with proximity of child-molestors/sex-offenders in my immediate neighborhood/district.
    i'm sure there are those who don't approve of my lifestyle...are they going to move away from me?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I live in Texas, very little likelihood of it happening here.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:08 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I wouldn’t move. Don't know if Florida allows same sex marriage or not. Don't agree with homosexuality but not going to rearrange my life because of their choices. Sin abounds, do we move because of sinners amongst us? Isn’t it better to vote concerning these matters whenever possible to preserve the lives we each desire? Do all Christians believe and live exactly the same? I think not. When we pull away and keep to ourselves we run the risk of being a cult. Think of Jim Jones, David Koresh and others that pulled away to avoid certain aspects of society they disagreed with. Can we be a beacon in the dark if we take away the light? We can be in the world but not of the world. I fall short daily but I don’t want to appear judgmental toward anyone lest I be judged. Remember the Golden Rule. I believe in the power of prayer so I pray for all injustice and do the best I can each day that God allows me to be alive.

LYMTYK

Answer by LYMTYK at 12:01 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I doubt MY state will EVER legalize gay marriage...not the one I'm living in or the one I hope to move to (GA & TX). If by chance they DID legalize gay marriage, why would I need to move? It doesn't change the fact that I don't recognize it or that God doesn't recognize it. I believe that we are closer and closer to the end times, and we've been warned in the Bible that repudiation, rejection, and rebellion against the faith WILL happen. We shouldn't be surprised or dismayed. Why? Because I read the end of the book, and our side wins!
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2009