Do you have anyone in your family facing domestic abuse?

Life After Domestic Abuse, is the name of my group I formed here on Cafemom. My question is how is your friend, mother, sister or cousin doing...or yourself

How are you doing after leaving the abuser? Do you feel you will find happiness oneday?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 7:30 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I left mine 20+plus years ago....Scars and healing took awhile but doing FANTASTIC now....To ANYBODY in this situation, HE WILL NOT CHANGE and YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BR TREATED LIKE THIS. The abuse doesn't have be physicail abuse, the most damaging is the "mental" abuse. Get out of it. There's place that will help you "escape" Get in touch with a long lost friend/family member they may be able to help. Call the cops they'll take you to a shelter...But for your safety and the safety of yoour children get out of the situation....
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 7:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• There are many great groups on CM for domestic violence. I gave ownership of mine to someone then saw a need for another one and opened up a new one called Rest for the Weary. It's all good. As long as an abused woman has a place to go and not face it alone then it doesn't matter which group they go to as long as they go. Ladies, you are not alone in this. There is always someone who is willing to help or at least hold your cyber hand while you deal with your situation.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Currently, I'm really angry at my mom for putting me through this for 15 years. It didn't hit me until I began my own family. Now I see how messed up my own mother was and her part in it all. Very sad.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:55 PM on May. 29, 2009