Are men considered Dads for Fathers Day if the baby is still in the belly?

Women are considered Moms for Mothers day because the baby is in her belly but is the Dad under the same guildlines? Is there expecting Fathers Day cards?

Mother-2-Be520

Asked by Mother-2-Be520 at 7:31 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I considered my husband a dad when I was pregnant with our first! They have fathers day cards for the father to be
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• IMO they sure are!
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yeah, you can still get a reg. father's day card. I did that for my husband as a way to tell him I was pregnant. LOL It was awesome.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yes
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• When my sister was expecting, at church they gave all the dads a flower. He got one. :)

Answer by Bmat at 7:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yep they sure are! However my fiance has a rude awakening coming if he thinks HE is getting his precious golf bag he's been wanting for Father's Day considering I didn't even get a card or anything! Mwahaha
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yup there are! My husband was in boot camp and we sent him all sorts of expecting fathers day cards! Congrats btw
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• absolutley! My first mothers day was the best because i was celebrated so much more when i was expecting our first
    Anonymous

• I think so. As a matter of fact for my husband's first father's day I handed him a pregnancy test and said "Happy Father's Day." LOL

We found out on Father's Day and then our baby was born on Valentines Day. Our son is due the 4th of July.

We have something about holidays. LOL
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:36 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it would be nice to get something for the dad to be. It doesn't have to be a card. It could be anything that shows your excited that he is going to be a father. My husband was really excited when he found out he was going to be a dad. Guys like gifts too. Being expecting parents is exciting. Enjoy that time.

plumdelightful

Answer by plumdelightful at 10:42 PM on May. 29, 2009