potty training

How do I get my daughter to go on the potty? She refuses to go, I even put big girl panties on her and she didn't care that she was sitting in pee pee pants. I am really getting stresses with this.

jennette05

Asked by jennette05 at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try a sticker chart. That really helped my son. He was 3 when I started the chart and it took me 3 weeks to get him completely trained. Also, you can take a book to the bathroom with her about potty training. Good Luck!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:35 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i used bubbles i would say we can blow bubbles in the potty who doesnt like bubbles? i also did the sticker chart, and occasionally some M&m's. it also took me around 3 weeks. now if she is not interested then she is not ready.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 8:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my oldest got potty train with a timer his teacher got a timer and set it for 30 mintues and was told to just have hhim in under wear and my one nephew got potty train from his mom and dad baught him little cars and take her to the store tell her she can get a toy or something if she goes potty like a big girl
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 8:11 PM on May. 29, 2009

• If she doesn't care that she's wet, it sounds like she's not ready.  If you're feeling stressed about it, then I would stop and try again in a few weeks.  Take a break and then try a new approach.  I have been told that my method is very similar to the 3-day method.  I used it to train my first son back in 1990 at about 20-22 months and my little one last summer at 19-20 months.  It was not frustrating at all.  I wrote a blog about it.  I hope it helps.

http://raisingrocco.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/potty_trained_under_two/

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 9:13 PM on May. 29, 2009