how do moms with babies who have fathers that work nights feel knowing that there baby really never gets to see the daddy but when they are off?

my husband works four 10 hour shift a week and he leave at 3pm and dosent get home until almost 4 am.

chloesmommy09

Asked by chloesmommy09 at 7:39 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My husband works all day so my son only gets to really see him on weekends and holidays. It's hard, but well worth it. I'm not going to not have children because they don't fit my husband's schedule perfectly. He's doing good to have a job in this economy. We are actually talking about baby #2. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:42 PM on May. 29, 2009

• He can spend time with his baby, he comes home sleeps for a few hours then wakes up and plays with his baby until he has to go to work. My DH goes to work at 3am and comes home at either 2pm-4pm and he makes sure to spend time with the kids before going to bed. Some nights he only gets 2 hours of sleep because he's up playing with the kids. If your DH cared enough he would make time for his baby.
    Anonymous

• Oh! I almost forgot...lol! He goes to work at about 7am and doesn't get home until anywhere from 10pm to 1am. I hate salary jobs...lol
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You do what you have to do, and when it comes down to it at least he has a job! My sons father travels with his job and only gets to come home every 4 to 6 weeks (unless we are lucky) and has a week off. But it is a really good job with good pay, and when he had nothing else we had to turn to this job. It is hard on all of us, but it puts food on the table! Once I am finished with school he will be able to be home and I will work!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my husband is in the navy so i never know what time he is going to be home, one day it might be he goes and checks in the next he might work til 11 p.m. (from 6 a.m.) i don't think any parents work schedule makes it so they can never see their kids. he goes out of his way to spend time w/our daughter on weekends, and that when he is home he spends time with her goofing off. so even though it may mean he doesn't get any sleep b/c he worked overnight the night before, he still would rather spend the time w/our daughter
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My DH before he got laid-off went to work at 9pm got home at 9am i left went to work till 5pm and then he went to bed till 745pm and did that 6 days a week. He was a sleep walking at times but he did it cause we needed the $$ and he wanted to do everything he could do to be present in our daughters life. If he really wants to spend time w/his baby then he will find the time. You do what you have to do to be a good parent. That i feel myy DH and I are very loving,caring hard working parents.
    Anonymous

• My hubby is gone almost twelve hours a day and gets home around nine at night. Our son is almost three months old and his most active times of the day is from nine at night to two or three in the morning. Every one tells me I shouldn't keep him up so late, but I feel this is the time he should have with his Daddy. My husband comes home wanting to see our son smiling and playing. Not come home every night to a sleeping babe. I'm not going to adjust my baby's schedule to everyone else's "standards" so he and I never get to see our working man.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 8:32 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my husband has the same exact schedule. I feel the same way, the thing of it is though that i just had our baby girl and i'm still on maternity leave. so when i start working i'm going to feel like i don't get to see them much because they will be sleeping when i'm at home and they're going to be awake when he's at home.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:05 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I know exactly how this feels. I am a full time stay at home mom with 2 kids ages 5 years and 5 months and my hubby works a normal 8:30am - 4pm 40 hours a week job and then works every other night part time at another job and even works most weekends. So, I do pretty much everything by myself day and night. It feels awful that my hubby doesn't get to spend more time with his girls, but I know he works so hard to keep us afloat and so that I can stay home with the kids for the next year or two. I give him credit for working so many long hours (day and night) every week. But I do a lot to between the kids and the house and me be the primary care giver for my children day in and day out 24/7.
    nlmorus06

Answer by nlmorus06 at 9:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my dh works 12 hr days 5 days a week he work from 3pm tp 3 am and he's lookin for another job so we can move. i would love to work to take the pressue off from him but bc of my disability employment is hard.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 5:11 PM on May. 30, 2009