Leg Hairs

Does anyone else out there pluck their leg hairs, or armpits, arms, anything...? I just started plucking my leg hairs, it takes a long time and it hurts and pushes my flexibility. But I feel it will be worth it in the long run. oh and my friends mom does it and she said her hair hardly grows back.

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 7:41 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• no.. I pluck my brows instead of wax because I like having more control but I could never have the patience to pluck anywhere else. I just wax and I'm good for a few weeks! If you pluck the same hair enough times it MAY stop growth eventually but really its just slowing the growth down.. same as waxing.

(from dermatologist) Physical Hair Removal
    Physically pulling the hair out of the follicle is a common and fairly inexpensive method of hair removal. None of these methods changes the color, texture, or density of the hair. The hair takes longer to grow back because it must grow to the surface of the skin before it is noticed. Because hair grows at different rates, some of the hair that has been physically removed may take more time to grow back in. Repeatedly pulling hair out of the follicle may damage the follicle enough over time to keep it from producing more hair.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 7:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• sound painful..ouch

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 7:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Why not just wax? Same effect, much faster.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 8:24 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Just around my nipples (sorry TMI)... but it's the best method for THAT area
    Anonymous

• yikes ANON... yeah I wouldnt want to wax that area!!! lol
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 12:10 AM on May. 30, 2009

• God no, I'd be there for hours. By the time I got done, I'd have to start all over again because the first ones would've grown back. That's if I could even stand the pain.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 1:33 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Nope....I use the hair removal cream. I'm no where near that patient.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 6:50 PM on May. 30, 2009