For moms of boys,How did you start your boy with potty training?

potty training

mom_0506

Asked by mom_0506 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We threw cheerios in the potty and had them aim at them...they loved it!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I just sat him on the toilet. At this moment he only pee-pee's in the potty. He refuses to go Ka-Ka in the potty. He will be 3 in September.
    Navy_Wife_Tisha

Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 11:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My first born, which he is 21 now...I could not get him potty trained on the big toilet or the little one for his age. I found at a garage sale a step-up that goes on the big toilet...it had giraffes as handles. WOW...did that do the trick. Couldn't keep him off of it...lol Good Luck.
    asc9

Answer by asc9 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I put my boys in underwear and then we bought a potty seat for the big toilet.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We also bought a seat that goes on the big toilet and he just sat on that. Once he was fully trained I had daddy teach him the rest..lol. Good luck!
    luvbeingmommy3

Answer by luvbeingmommy3 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My mom always told me that one of the easiest ways is to have dad do it too. So your son can see what to do. If that is an uncomfortable method for you, then you can also put cherios in the toilet and ask him to aim for them while he pees. It almost becomes a game to them and they're more eager to use the bathroom.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I TOLD MY HUBBY AT THE TIME THAT UNLESS HE WANTS HIS BOY SITTING LIKE A GIRL TO PEE HE WAS GOING TO HAVE TO TRAIN HIM. he did
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2008