Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im 31 weeks the fathers blood type is negative and mines postive

how important is it to get the shot that your spossda get ? and im feeling prussure in my pelvic area more than ive ever felt befor its about got me doubled over
im a frist time mommy to be and im verry scared my sister just had her frist but our pregnacys have been diffrent

Answer Question

Asked by mommyof73109 at 7:51 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • You don't need a shot

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • Sounds like braxton hicks

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • no i know what the braxton hicks feel like lol but this is diffrent

    Answer by mommyof73109 at 7:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • You only get the RH shot is YOU are RH negative

    Answer by jessicasea at 7:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • If you are worried call the dr. on call!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • it is probably the baby stretching or something. i had that happen with my second starting at about 31 weeks until 34 weeks. not much you can do about the pressure. but if you start to get real contractions, thats when i'd worry about it more. Just try to relax however your comfortable. The more you are able to relax, it helps your muscles not be so tence.

    Good luck :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • It's EXTREMELY important to get the shot if your doctor or midwife determines that your blood types are differing enough to where your body could begin seeing your baby as a foriegn object.

    Your body could start attacking your baby and it could cause death. My Developmental Pysch professor told us that it only happens in subsaquent pregnancies but that most women have unknowingly been pregnant but then miscarried and it was swept out with menstration so any women whose blood type differs from her partners SHOULD have the shot.

    Talk to your health care provider about what's right for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

  • It is only an issue if you are Rh negative. Talk to your doctor about questions and concerns, he/she will let you know if you are, and if you need anything else for your pregnancy.

    Answer by etsmom at 9:23 AM on May. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.