Have you ever been pulled over or given a ticket for the sole reason of not having a seatbelt on?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 7:53 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yup bastard state trooper! Broke my never ever have been pulled over streak, I was 41 before I ever was pulled over. Cost me 89 bucks...needless to say I buckle up now jerk
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:30 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I haven't but my DH has, twice in the same day lol
    Lovejoy0303

Answer by Lovejoy0303 at 7:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• nope not yet:)
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 7:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• nope.. thankfully, but I always where my seatbelt...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:02 PM on May. 29, 2009

• nope the only time i may not wear one is when i run to the store in the neighborhood...if i don't put one on i hear my dad's voice in the back of my head going "who do you think you are, superman?" b/c thats what he used to say when we would whine about seat belts...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• my fil did like a week ago and he DID have his seatbelt on. He adjusted it and the cop pulled him over and wrote him a $186 ticket.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yepp! I was on my way home from the grocery store which was only about 10 mins away from my house (not like its an excuse to not wear your seatbelt) but I looked in my rear view mirror and saw lights! I pulled over, not even thinking that it was because my seatbelt wasn't on, and he gave me a ticket! In Indiana though there was "supposedly" a grant passed that says cops are no longer allowed to give warnings for no seatbelt.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ugh yes!! And they solely stoped me from possibly killing my self!!! How rude of them!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Nope, I always wear mine. But they did just pass a law here (FL) that says the cops can now pull you over solely for that reason. Before this, they had to pull you over for something else in order to ticket you for no seatbelt.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:10 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No, I ALWAYS wear my seat belt. If my best friend had been wearing his, he'd still be alive today. And if my sister hadn't been wearing hers, she wouldn't be here right now.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 8:21 PM on May. 29, 2009