How did you move out of your parents house?

How did you first move out of your parents house? How prepared where you (how much $ did you have, where did u go?)? Was it a good experience (they where happy) or a bad experience (against their wishes)... Have you ever had to move back in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I moved out when I was 18 to live in the college dorms. I lived in an apartment after that, and at one time lived with a boyfriend. That didn't last long. I had some money saved up, but I also had roommates and parents that helped me since I was in college. It's been a while, so I don't really recall the amount of money I had.

I did move back home after I broke up with my last boyfriend. It was Dec. of 2002 and I was 21 years old. My parents are really cool so I didn't worry about living with them. I got married in Oct. 2005, moved out then. However, at this time when I was dating my DH, I would spend weekends at his place.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I moved out when I was 18 to go to college. I had saved up money for college all througout high school and I got the HOPE scholarship (a scholarship in GA for anyone with a 3.0 or higher). I loved it! Never moved back home.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:57 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i got married we had two thousand dollars we had to ask for more we got an apartment it was great experience we were all happy and yes we moved back in two yrs later we were expecting twins and i would've pulled my hair out if my family wouldnt have helped me out. but we are moving out three yrs later. next week to be exact.lol.yay..
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 7:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• My dad gave me the deposit for my new apartment with my DH and I loved out at 17 because I was already in college. My DH(boyfriend at the time) had a job so he paid for everything while we both went to school. My mom had kicked me out of her house at 16 so I moved in with my dad and started going to college at 17(right out of high school) and my dad thought it would be better if I lived near my school (which was an hour from his house). It was a great experience!
    Anonymous

• Sorry and I MOVED out**
    Anonymous

• I was 18, pregnant and engaged... at that point my brother and his wife were getting divorced so when she moved out we moved in with him to help him pay the bills... My parents were happy cause if I didn't move in to help he would have lost the house. I went back for a bit when I got divorced but not for long.
    Lovejoy0303

Answer by Lovejoy0303 at 7:59 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i was 22, graduated from college & then got married the next weekend. my parents were very pleased so it was a good experience. i had about $250 saved, DH had been working all school year so he had a good $1000+, and we had wedding present money (around $2-3000).

i hadnt lived w/ my parents except for school breaks since i was 18, but since they were paying for 75% of everything, i figured you meant cut all financial ties moved out haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I was 22, single, no children, and never looked back! I interviewed for and got a job in Florida (was in Massachusetts), secured my own apartment, set up the utilities, packed up the UHaul, and drove down by myself! I bounced around the country for a few years thereafter, eventually ended up in New Jersey, met my now husband of 10 years, and now happily live in Pennsylvania!

I guess I have an independent spirit! ;o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:01 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I lived with my mom, then she started bringing home strange men from bars and asking if i would like to have a 3some with her and them... and how much of a turn on it is for men to have mother and daughter. I moved out that weekend to an apartment I never thought I could afford! I was GEORGOUS!!!! Then a year later I met my hubby, love at first sight and he moved in the first night. We've been together for almost 4 years now.
    Anonymous

• I moved out when I was 18 years old...

my friend and I were talking about getting an apartment together.. and he already had a small one.. so I just moved in with him, into his one bedroom for a few weeks before we got the 3 bedroom apartment to make sure we wouldn't kill each other first.. lol. As for money.. he got me a job at where he worked and we split all the bills, so it wasn't bad. As for my parents... well they weren't happy, but they weren't upset either... I guess they had mixed feelings.. I moved out of there into another apartment with my SO.. and up until this past xmas, I had my own place... this past xmas I moved back in with my parents, but have got my financial mess fixed up and am looking for another apartment now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:05 PM on May. 29, 2009