when dose a baby respond to her name

greta11

Asked by greta11 at 8:08 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 2nd DD will be 5 months on June 9th and when I call her name she will look right at me and wait for me to start talking to her. I'm pretty sure she understands her name cause even when I'm playing with her and she stops paying attention to me and notices something else.....I will then say her name to get her attention again and she looks right at me.
    nlmorus06

Answer by nlmorus06 at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• It's hard to say...they will recognize your voice immediately from you talking while pregnant/talking to your belly, however pinpointing the moment when they start to respond to their name and not just the sound of your voice is kinda hard.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:04 PM on May. 29, 2009

• its not expected until 9 monts or later. a lot of babies respond to their mmothers voice or other sounds but cant understand that it is their own name
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:23 PM on May. 29, 2009