Is he interested in me?

I have a good friend that I have a completely friends with benefits temporary thing with. We've known each other all our lives and our "agreement" is not giving me any problems. It's my friend's room mate that I'm wondering about. When I first started going over, he would say a few things to me here and there, but he is obviously shy. Since I've been around I've heard him say numerous times that he's really not good at talking to girls. He's a bit of a nerd and you can tell he hasn't had much experience in the female sex. One day my friend's ex came over and he left me sitting in the room for like 2 hours while he talked to her because she was a mouthy person that was confrontational. So, his room mate came in and hung out with me for over a hour. We started out me sitting about the middle of the bed/futon (was folded out into bed form) and him sitting at the foot. He knew I was interested in the time he spent in (cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Marine training, so he started off talking about that. The whole time we talked and talked. He would keep reverting back to talking about different things in Marine training, but he would do it in between subjects. He had already told me it was the odd silences with girls that really made him uncomfortable so I assume he would revert to talking about the training when we would get silent because he already knew I was interested in it and he wanted to do something to avoid that silence he hated. He kept fidgetting with stuff. Picking things up and plucking with them and what-not. He would get up and leave the room and come back and gradually he moved from sitting at the end of the futon to sitting right next to me with hardly any space between us. Since then he has been more talkative with me and wanting to joke around with me. I also found out from my friend that the room mate has been acting weird towards him lately. (Cont'd)
    Anonymous

• My friend said his room mate has been getting snappy with him, saying smart-assed things to him, and giving him looks, stuff like that. You thinks it's possible the room mate has a thing for me and he's getting touchy with my friend because he's jealous?
    Anonymous

• It's possible.
    Anonymous

• Where do you want this to go? If you want the room mate then call him and discuss it since it could go somewhere and the temporary friends with benefits isn't going anywhere. Don't make everyone crazy. Cut to the chase and if you are interested then see what's up with the room mate. If he wants to pursue it then cut your friend loose in the Benefits sort of way. Figure out what you want then act on it.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I like the room mate. I'm just scared of saying something to him and him telling me he has no feelings for me at all. I'm ready to cut the benefits out immediately if his room mate would like to date me....I'm just scared I'll only get shot down
    Anonymous

• You won't know unless you try. Yes, he could reject you. OR he could be interested, and he could be "the one" (if that's what you're looking for). Talk to him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:16 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I like the sound of him, too. Talk to him. You owe no loyalty to your other friend, that's what friend with benefits means, that there are no restrictions. I hope I don't offend if I wonder at the shy guy, whether he is looking to get the same benefits as his roomie. It might be wise to get to know him pretty well, just in case, before getting intimate with him. None of my business, though.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 PM on May. 29, 2009