Are you concerned over your child(ren)'s appearance?

What I mean is, I make sure that if they go out in public they are clean, their clothing matches and my DD's hair is at least neat. I don't care about name brands or any of that crap but they have to look presentable. Even if it's just running to Walmart or something. I don't want bashing I just wanna know if I am the only one like this. I am just curious.

mere417

Asked by mere417 at 8:42 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, ya I want them to look decent going out. Mostly I make sure their faces are clean so they dont have milk or juice mustaches,etc LOL.

If they have dirt on their legs I might feel a bit bad but dont sweat it too much.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:45 PM on May. 29, 2009

• slapping foreheadyou are so right they shoul always be neat. but what about those mom they look so nice with name brands and everything and there kids look messed-up.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 8:46 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't know about just running to Walmart lol, but yes, I do care and I like my children to be clean and dressed cute and their hair combed.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:47 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I make sure my daughter is clean, has brushed hair, and teetth. She dresses herself.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:47 PM on May. 29, 2009

• opps i meant to say should
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 8:47 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Oh rubipresiosa1....I can't stand that! THAT is a HUGE pet peeve of mine! I am the opposite ironically! I am usually in sweat with hair in a sloppy bun but my kids are always neat and dressed nicely!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 8:49 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yes, even if i am just going outside in my yard i make sure my DD is clean and has on matching clothes and her hair is cute. lol i think im a little bit OCD about it
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 8:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes, I do care and I do make sure they are clean, look good, and are ready to go!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes i make sure that my DD is in clean clothes (not name brand) Clean hands and face and presentable. No you are not alone but i know where your coming from. Sometimes i see parents that are dressed to impress and there child(ren) are dirty and in clothing to small or to big. Or children that are so dirty you know that they are not the happiness child at all that makes me sick. The one thing that pisses me off more then anything is when i see a baby that has no socks and coat and it's 40 degress outdoors and there dirty.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I'm with mere417.  I am a total slob, ususally wearing an old tee shirt and my white trash Walmart AC/DC pj pants to go to the grocery store.  Meanwhile, my little Gymboree model has a matching outfit right down to the cowboy socks and underwear, Stride Rite shoes, and a custom leather cowboy belt.  He is always clean and neat in his appearance.  I shower and I dress comfortably, but I certainly do not dress to impress anyone.  My son is so adorable, I love to put him in nice outfits.  All of my money goes to giving him the best of everything.  I'm sure there are a lot of moms like that.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 8:55 PM on May. 29, 2009