Do you think gay marriage should be legal?

I know this may piss some people off and I am not here to start fights but I really am curious if the choice is really that divided or if there or more people for it than against it or vice versa. (being aware that it would be just people on cafemom answering)

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 8:44 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am sorry if this question has already been asked.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Absolutely. Whose business is it who you want to marry and what sex they happen to be. I know some gay people that have better and more healthy relationships than alot of straight people do. And to everyone who wants to go into the whole "the bible says" speach, (I am pretty sure there will be someone, there always is) The bible also says it is not up to you to judge them, so what does it mater to you what they do as long as they arent hurting you or your family. Gay men and women have just as much right to be happy as straight people do. This country needs to grow up and get over the whole thing in my honest opinion.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:49 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I don't have a problem with it. It does not hurt my own marriage. If you love someone, who am I to judge?
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:56 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Personally I dont care :) If they want to marry that should be their choice. I know the whole Adam and Eve story but I heard that "Gay" is a genetic mishap or something. Would it be wrong to say that two handicap people cannot marry? No. I am not gay/lesbain never will be but it should be up to the couple not the government :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:02 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Nope. Marriage should be between 1 man and 1 woman. Just my opinion.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:03 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Sure, they can be miserable like everyone else.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:06 PM on May. 29, 2009

• absolutely. to withhold civil rights from two consenting adults based on gender is unconstitutional
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• No, I don't think it should be legal.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 9:13 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes, it should.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:18 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think that gay people should be able marry. I also think that if you are not gay that the question does not concern you that, speaking as a straight person, you should just let it be. If this were the other way around and the government was sticking their big noses in our straight business about marriage all hell would break loose. jmo
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 9:19 PM on May. 29, 2009