How do you know when it's DEFINITLY the baby moving?

I'm 17 weeks, and when I went for my app @ 15 weeks, we listened to the heartbeat and the baby was VERY active. You could hear it. So, my midwife said since it was my first baby, that it would probably be another month before I really started feeling it. since about four days ago, my stomach has been... gurgling (I eat all the time ,I have no idea what that sound is) and I've been feeling these really wierd..... feelings. I can't really describe them, sometimes they feel like flutters, sometimes like butterflies, and one day I SWEAR I felt a karate chop lol. When will I positively KNOW?

T.Mod

Asked by T.Mod at 8:44 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well the "flutters" your feeling is called Quickening and it IS your baby.

The big kicks and jabs usually start around 25 weeks for me and they only get bigger and harder the farther along you get. Then at the very end it starts to feel more like rolls than kicks most of the time but they still find a way to show off those soccor legs! LOL
    Anonymous

• it feels like something in side your stomach is hitting you lightly, like tapping, a thump or something.
    Anonymous

• With my first pregnancy i did not strat feeling movement until about 5mo. Fluttering definetly describes the feelings i felt with the first movements!! Congrats on your first baby. I have 3 boys and want 1 more baby. I felt movements sooner with ea. preg. pretty soon you will be feeling hard kicks. But don't wory if you feel less movement when you get closer to third trimester. There is just less room to move for baby! I'm sure you midwife will let you know everything you need to know!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:56 PM on May. 29, 2009

• lol yeah its really wierd I look down and almost expect to see my stomach move. I don't feel it alot during the day but as soon as I aly down and all thru out the night I feel it ALOT. My baby is nocturnal?
    T.Mod

Answer by T.Mod at 9:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Your baby moves less when you are up and moving around because your movements rock it to sleep, so when you stop moving it wakes up.
    Jenny301

Answer by Jenny301 at 12:46 AM on May. 30, 2009