What political issues are most important to YOU and how do you think they are doing in our country?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 8:45 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The most important issue for me in this election was health care and education for American children. Although, all my children have health care, college educations, married with children of their own, I believe the future of America is with our children. Children don't ask to be born, nor can they pick their parents. American children deserve health care and a good education. I also support stem cell research.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:07 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think Obama is doing a good job in his attempt to keep his promises in these areas..
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:08 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Being fiscally conservative. We can't spend out way out of debt. We can't keep adding more money to old programs and starting new programs on BORROWED dollars.

Constitutional Rights. Our government seems he!! bent on destroying it. I don't mean just this current bunch in office either!

I would like to add that there are PLENTY of problems and there is PLENTY of blame to go around. It isn't just one president or one political party that has gottten us into this fix.

For the reasons above I am participating in the tea parties. Laugh or bash if you want, but DO something. Don't just sit on your behind waiting for things to get better. Educate yourself and don't be afraid to change your mind or decide you were wrong about supporting a person or party. Very often in politics what you see isn't what you get.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• 1. Fiscal responsibility, you can't multiply wealth by dividing it.

2. Abortion (my guy must be pro-life)

3. everything else

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Grandmamarge, I hate to say it, but Obama is failing us in education. School districts in our state are losing 20% (at least) of their funding. Our school district is 8 million dollars short of funds already for this next year.

I don't know what we are going to do. Our 8 yr old has an autism spectrum disorder, but he functions well in the regular classroom and doesn't need any special education classes. He does need the parapro he has part of the day. She floats between him and other classrooms. He needs an OT activity 2-3 times per day and she provides this. She has been with him for 3 yrs, the first 2 as a child specific (my Sam) parapro. It looks as if she is going to be laid off. We are now seriously considering homeschooling. If we do, I will have to close my business.

It isn't going to get better anytime soon. There isn't any "single" thing that will fix it either.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• The most important issues for me were really never even brought up.

I think that vaccintation laws should be done away with, they don't mean a single thing anyway because all you need is a simple form to get around them - They are just another scare tactic.

I think that gay marriage should be nationally accepted.

I think that Weed should be legal (and no I don't smoke)

I think that there should be less restriction on a persons right to worship in public (including schools)

I think there should be restrictions on Welfare that stop non-working non-disabled people from living on it for 20 years. And there should be help for those that are trying and still can't make it.

Honestly, I can keep going. But I'm tired of typing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• All that said. I voted Obama - And would be proud to again!

I love this man!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I hate to say it, but Obama is failing us in education. School districts in our state are losing 20% (at least) of their funding. Our school district is 8 million dollars short of funds already for this next year

-----

Our district just cut a TON of teaching positions (including my son's teacher who won't be back next year). They are cutting out some text books, making the classrooms larger and cutting the school year short. I'm not sure how much the budget shortfall is, but it's massive. Public schools are going down the drain, and it won't be getting better anytime soon.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:58 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Sabrina your rather politically conflicted aren't you? lol
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:08 PM on May. 29, 2009

• The question was... What issues were most important to ME....
    Healthcare and education....
    Obama has only been in office 5 months....... He stated....
    In a 21st century economy where the most valuable skill you can sell is your knowledge, education is the single best bet we can make -- not just for our individual success, but for the success of the nation as a whole. The average college graduate earns 80 percent more than those who stopped after high school. So if we want to help people not only get back on their feet today but prosper tomorrow, we need to take a rigorous new approach to higher education and technical training. And that starts by changing senseless rules that discourage displaced workers from getting the education and training they need to find and fill the jobs of the future."
    I believe him.... He needs time and we need patience.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:17 PM on May. 29, 2009