Words of advice?....

First baby and not really sure what to expect...I still have 4 weeks left until I'm due but I'm feeling like I won't make it that far...feeling a bit anxious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I remember bringing my first home. We set her carseat down, looked at each other, and said, "Now what?" She was asleep and we didn't know whether to wake her up and feed her, change her or leave her in the carseat or move her to the cradle. Looking back, I realize how silly we were to even wonder. Within a day, everything started happening naturally. I think that's the best advice I can give: try to get in a routine, but don't worry when things happen unscheduled. Good luck and enjoy your baby! My best friend just welcomed her new one into the world today and we are SO excited to meet him!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• We can all say this and that but everyone has there own experiences. I just say roll w/ it. It's not that bad. Good luck =)
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 9:22 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Accept advice but do what you feel is best for your baby and family. Every family and child is different. If someone offers to help with the baby so you can rest, TAKE THE OFFER. Make time for yourself and your SO, you deserve to be happy as a couple and as a person. A happy mommy makes a godd mommy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• babies dont go by the book!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:56 PM on May. 29, 2009

• You will make it and be fine. Being anxious is totally normal, so is feeling like you have a baby body part falling out of your hooha. Just when you think you cannot swell, stretch, or get more miserable, you do. Take it easy and you will be ok. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Things I wish I had known/realized before they happened! 1 when ur water breaks its not always one big gush but sometimes drips! 2 Sleep when the baby sleeps (I didnt follow this rule too well) 3 Letting them sleep in ur own bed is ok & lots of ppl do it its called co sleeping 4 Dont be afraid to ask questions to ur dr or be afraid ur calling them too often 5 Germs are bad (I did know this to some extent however maybe if I had been more careful my DD would not have caught coldsores & been in the hosp for 14 days!) 6 Breastfeeding is hard work (or was for me) & putting ur child on formula is ok.... those are all I can think of right now. They may be dumb things that I didnt realize or know & maybe I just didnt do enough studying on having a baby but maybe they'll ease ur mind is some way. Being anxious is normal I think we all felt that way. Congrats!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Enjoy your bundle of joy when he/she is born. God Bless. I have two sons 8 & 11 and time flies by soooo fast. I remember having my first like yesterday. He'll be 12 in November. You will do your best as a new mommy. I actually miss babies but I'm done. God Bless you and your DH/SO.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 11:00 PM on May. 29, 2009