Christians...

If you belong to any perticular Christian Denom do you believe that only those in YOUR Denom are chosen? Or are all Chritstians Safe? Or is it an all roads lead to Rome kind of thing??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:27 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I really think it all comes down to faith in Jesus. Faith that he lived, died, and rose again.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:28 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I agree with ReneeK3. As long as you accept the fact that Jesus came from a virgin, died and rose from the grave three days later, and accept Him and ask Him to enter your life, I think your good!!! John 3:16... I know it may be cliche to some... but it is the truth and always will be the truth!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 9:39 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i must be sleepy or whacked out on crack ..lol..i read the post as 'christian demon'...i thought, ''whoa..this is gonna be deep--have ya got all night??'' then, i reread it correctly.
    i was raised in the baptist church, have attended assembly of god, episcopal, methodist, and presbyterian churches..no, i don't believe any one DENOM is the only one. (still rofl!)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:07 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i agree with reneek3 & kayla trinity.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:10 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I'm a Christian Universalist (its not really a denomination, though....), so I believe all of mankind is "safe", that everyone goes to heaven because all paths are from, and lead to God, and that, really, there is nothing to be "saved" from....
    But that's just me.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:14 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ha. That would be insane. Are there really people that believe that way? (That's rhetorical. Sadly, I already know that answer.)

Absolutely not. I attend a Baptist church but wouldn't necessarily call myself a baptist. There are a few points within the baptist church that I don't see eye to eye with, and the same could be said for the Pentecostal church I attended when I was younger. I believe that as long as you believe in your salvation through Jesus Christ....you're good to go. Everything else doesn't matter so much.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Of course, I'm Gnostic Christian. I attend Unity Church. I believe that EVERYONE is "safe". Everyone gets to Heaven sooner or later - even the "lost souls".
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:27 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i think it's up to the individual not the church as a whole to determine who goes to heaven who doesn't. i know lots of very good christians like me that go to another church. i think they will have just as good of chance coming to heaven with me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:39 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I believe there is one truth, and that it is bigger than any one denomination. I believe that God has people in all denominations, other religions even, that live up to all the light that they have. I believe that when His people hear His voice they will follow Him.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:43 AM on May. 30, 2009

• As for "all roads leading to Rome", it's sort of true. Look into the Ecumenical Movement ; it's all about "going home to Mama!" Watch this and see...

Salvation is between an individual and God, your church membership will not save you. Your beliefs won't save you. Only faith in, service to, and obedience to the One True God, Creator of Heaven, Earth, the seas, and the fountains of waters, will save you. Accepting the sacrifice of Jesus, living a life of loving obedience to Him, is the only way.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:55 AM on May. 30, 2009