Another one for Christians...

What hapens to us after death? I have seen many Christians with different answers to this over they years. Some believe that's it you're done. Others believe in that everyone goes to heaven, some believe in Hell also. And then there are those that hold the belief in reincarnation... So what do YOU believe and why?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:29 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't forget purgatory ;)

I believe in Heaven and Hell...and I believe we go to wherever we're going to go following our death.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I believe I will be seeing my loved ones again.
    Anonymous

• I believe in Heaven and Hell. I believe in a fair and just God, and I believe that without the blood of Jesus Christ I would have no place in Heaven. I believe I will spend the rest of eternity with my loved ones who have passed before me. Why? Because I have a faith so strong in Jesus Christ. The world is too complicated for it to have just exploded into what it is now or have evolved into all the complex organisms we see everyday! I believe because I have faith:)
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 9:37 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i believe in heaven and hell because, simply put, the bible tells me so. yes, its historical- yes, its somewhat 'mythical' (we refer to those stories as parables--earthy stories w/heavenly meaning)-yes, different men wrote different things/books. but by all accounts, if we believe as xtians the accounts to be accurate as each man heard it told, jesus himself said there was heaven and hell, and according to each person's choosing-freewill/doing/life, we would receive one or the other. i don't believe in the rapture, as some-some being left behind, others not- i believe when i die, as a child of God who has striven to all her ability to life a christ-like life and has repented/believes on the death/burial/resurrection of JC, my savior, i will inherit life everlasting in whatever heaven turns out to be. and whatever it turns out to be, is of no consequence to me, as long as its not eternal torment/separation from God/hell.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:52 PM on May. 29, 2009

• well the dead are conscience of nothing at all but after the ressurection there will be a second death of those who are unrepentive
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:09 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I believe everyone goes to heaven, that when you (general you) die, you face God, Who forgives your sins and grants you entry to His Kingdom. (that's the short explanation, lol)
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:16 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I believe in both heaven and hell. I also believe that we will all go to one of those two places immediately upon our death. No waiting period, no purgatory.

Why? To take a line from the old kid's song: "...for the bible tells me so." (I also realize that people who believe in purgatory, as well as believing that they will be "waiting" until the second coming, could sing that same line. It's all in the interpretation I guess.)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:19 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I grew up a Christian, and I don't believe in heaven or hell. According to Christianity, anyone, even a murderer or rapist, for example, can go to heaven if they accept Jesus before OR even after their transgressions (as long as they repent). But, if you don't accept Jesus and become a Christian, even if you lead a good life and have a truly good and spiritual soul, then you go to hell after death. Then what really is the difference between heaven and hell? Either way you are hanging out with the souls of murderers and rapists in both places. I don't think that God is that unjust. I follow more along the lines of the law of conservation of energy: energy does dissipate- it just changes form. I think that when we die our energy is absorbed into a different form of life. Not anything as complicated or spiritual as reincarnation- just more of a "circle of life" type of belief.
    Anonymous

• I believe we will exit the physical body that we currently inhabit and enter into the spirit realm. The spirit realm is literally right here, right now, and all around us. We just cannot see it because of the change in “vibration”. It is like a radio station that is tuned to a particular channel. The other “channel” is there; you just can’t hear it (or see it in this case). So we enter into the spiritual and then we will be greeted by our passed loved ones (from all our lives), pets, Jesus (or Buddha, or whatever), GOD (Mother and Father), etc., etc., etc. Once there, we will view our “life”, and “judge” in a way what we did, how we did it, and what we could’ve done differently (and probably better). Then we decide to continue our lives on The Other Side or begin our preparations for another incarnation.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:16 PM on May. 29, 2009

• BTW, if you didn't know, I'm Gnostic Christian
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:17 PM on May. 29, 2009