When is it time for seperate baths?

My 3 (almost 4) year old son and 5 year old daughter still want to take baths together. I usually keep them seperate just bc it shortens the length of bathtime and is more convenient for me. But I wondered when everyone thought it would be best for individual baths.

Court1284

Asked by Court1284 at 9:35 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would say when they are aware of the differences in their bodies/parts. Once they pay attention to that kind of thing I would say its time.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:53 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Well, if there's an issue with "private parts" at a certain age, they can wear undies in the tub (or swimmies). But, I guess that would make it hard to wash those parts, lol.

I think as long as everyone is comfortable, there's no problem. I think it's more of an issue for adults than it is for kids. But, I think at 4 and 5 they're okay.

I babysit 2 girls 4 and 5, and a 15 month old boy, and my dd is 2, they LOVE all getting into the tub and having a ball.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:08 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think it depends on your kids. I have an 8 year old and a 4 year old and they "use" to take bath together a year ago until, they started really checking each others parts out (boy/girl). That's when I put a stop to the dual bath!
    MammaCat22

Answer by MammaCat22 at 11:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• With siblings, I doubt it's going to be a problem for a while. As they start wanting their own privacy I would say.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:31 PM on May. 29, 2009

• As long as they aren't touching each other or otherwise trying to explore, it's normal for them to continue together. My older two were fine until about 6 and 5, but the third never could bathe with them because she would grab my son when he stood to be bathed! Once he had giggled she learned it was funny and would not stop, so she and the other girl started bathing together and big brother moved on to bathing alone.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 1:16 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My DS was 4 when my DD was born...I use to bathe them together to not only save time, but to keep an eye on the son while I had his sister in the tub. I can't remember how old they were when I stopped...but it was the day that I turned to pick up the towel and heard him say......"hey! don't touch that!" lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:23 AM on May. 30, 2009

• My 5 year old gets his own shower and the 3 and 2 year olds just recently started getting washed separately (own showers with help)

We started splitting them when they stopped having enough room in the tub. They're all boys.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:31 AM on May. 30, 2009

• When they say they want their own bath.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:06 AM on May. 30, 2009

• my 2 that take showers together r almost 3 and going to be 5 in the fall. my dd is getting to the point where she doesnt like her lil brother to look at her bug so im thinking pretty soon it'll be time for seperate showers.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:00 PM on May. 30, 2009

• What the hell is a bug?
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:31 PM on May. 30, 2009