What do you do to make yourself feel better about yourself??

i struggle from time to time about my body image. i used to have a great body and i carried myself very well. Now i let emotions get the best of me and i get soo low. then i hate the way i look. I know its not healthy to think that way but i dont know what else todo. Any ideas or things you found worked for you??

MammaMia777

Asked by MammaMia777 at 9:37 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Shop!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:38 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Look up old classmates on myspace or facebook. ALWAYS makes me feel better. hahaha
    Anonymous

• after i had my daughter i went down to my size and i loved it then i quit smoking and gained weight i went to a size 7 to a size 14 im in the same boat i hate the way i look but im doing something about it im on a diet and i know it will take time one think i know i love about my self is that im me im the same person just different after you have kids everything changes try something different a new hair color i learned this you need to take care of yourself too
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• find a old picture of your self tape it to the frig every time you want something to munch on look at that and say no this is what i want to get down too have fruit instead of junk i lost 40 pound doing that
    Anonymous

• Ugh I feel the same and I'm 25. Two kids takes its toll! You know what I like to do? I take a bath and then put on the Johnsons Melt Away Stress lotion for adults. I know that sounds silly, but the stuff is heaven and it makes my skin feel so smooth that it's hard not to forget about how I look for a minute and just feel refreshed!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i work out, do my makeup, get my nails and hair done, and shop! it always makes me feel better lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• ugh, I definitely know how you feel.. I've gained 20 pounds since I've had my DD... I'm definitely NOT happy... the only things that really help are going out and shopping and finding new outfits to flatter my new figure.. I'm still not happy about my tummy area.. but I know I now have clothes to hide some of it (in the right ways).. and that flatter my better features... I always just gave myself a new hair cut and dye job... which I love.. and helps keeps my focus off the negative things I dont' like.

I think the biggest thing is finding your good features and flattering them, thus drawing attention away from the things you dont' like.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:41 PM on May. 29, 2009

• just remember there is ALWAYS gonna be somebody who looks worse lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, I get my nails done every two weeks. I smile a lot and am friendly. I too put on weight and a lot of girls I went to school with did too.(facebook). I'm 39 now so I haven't seen them in 21 years. I feel down because of my body also but I try to be happy in other ways. We all have our flaws.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:54 PM on May. 29, 2009

• hey girlie girl i wouldn't be too hard on yourself i mean so many woman feel the same way...i do to i mean i remember when i was this skinny flat stomache lil twig and now i have a lil pouch and when i gain wait it goes straight to that part of my stomache.....im guessing its cuz i gained so much from havin my baby that lil pouch jus kinda stuck around..but you know what i like to do i take a nice relaxing shower/bath and then i do my hair nice everyday and i do my make up everyday and i know this might sound kinda corny but i pretend like im the sexiest thing ever haha and i jus say all these great things to myself but the key is not to let it get to your head dont act stuck up jus let yourself know how gorgeous you are! and if you like music and dancing jus have fun with it and act like your the best at everything you do! hehe its fun and you always feel better
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 11:00 PM on May. 29, 2009