omg my tooth ache is really bad!! PLEASE HELP

DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I'M 5 MONTHS PREGO..... WHAT CAN HELP MY PAIN ? I took tylenol

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 9:41 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Call a dentist office. They should have an emergency number and the doctor can call you in a prescription. You need antibiotics and they will give you a pain pill that is ok to take while you are pregnant. Call now, the earlier the better. Good Luck! Call!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:44 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Hot water bottle.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:49 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Yes, you should go to the dentist. There is plenty of pain meds they can put you on like loritab to help. also, ibuprofen should help a little. Tylenol won't really help with tooth pains IMO. My dad taught me a trick with tooth aches.... bare with me because I don't know what they are called...
    go to the store and see if you can find wax bottles (it is some kind of candy) they have colored flavors inside the wax bottles...(I don't remember...it is erking me so bad) You can melt the wax down and put it over your tooth kind of like the dentist would do a crown for you teeth. It will help keep the nerves of your tooth from being exposed to air and food.

but you do need to go to the dentist or ER.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Get it checked out right away. Could be absessed, in which case you definitely need antibiotics and a possible extraction - pregnant or not.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Ok here it is straight form the dentists mouth...no pun intended.. advil works best. Ask your doc if you can have some. I had this problem when I was pregers and they gave me a narcotic instead, said it was safer. Just ask first. Then get liquid orajel and put in on a q-tip and hold it between your cheek, or gum and the bad tooth. This crap makes me gag but it works if you really saturate the area of the bad tooth. It helps calm down the nerve. I feel soooo bad for you. I know what that is like, there is no worse pain I can think of, good luck. If you are really bad off go to the ER and they will help you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 PM on May. 29, 2009