How dialated do you have to be before your mucus plugs starts to come out?

My doctor says I'm dialated to a 1 but I haven't started losing any of my mucus plug.

How far do you have to be dialated before you start losing your mucus plug? Is there an average week that women began losing their mucus plug?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you may not lose it
    you dont have to be dialated i losts it like 4 times
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• you can either lose some of it before you are dialated but a lot of women lose it when they're in labor...usually after water has broken.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:50 PM on May. 29, 2009

• not all women lose there mucus plug. Losing it is not a sure sign of labor just to let you know. If you don't go into labor after you lose your mucus plug then it will grow back and you can lose multiple plugs.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:00 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I lost my plug 2 weeks ago at 35 weeks and I am still waiting for my son to come...so I don't think that the mucus plug has anything to do with labor or being dialated
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 10:05 AM on May. 30, 2009