Is it normal for your belly button to look deform and like a triangle instead of oval after an umbilcal hernia surgery?

the dr. has 33 yrs of being a surgeon and I got 5 days to get the staples off, do u think he messed my belly button permanently:( or do u think its just cause I barely got the hernia surgery 2 days ago? I tried looking it up on google and yoiutube but there insicions look different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Health

• i had surgery 2 years ago and mine is a triangle too. lol odd
    bobbicroft

Answer by bobbicroft at 12:56 AM on May. 30, 2009

• so it didnt go back to normal? omg can we sue for this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I had umbilical surgery and mine went back to normal (it was done right through the belly button, was yours?). I can only see a very tiny scar inside the belly button now and if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't even notice. Since you are so recent out from surgery, I would ask the surgeon what he thinks and how you can anticipate it to look when completely healed. This would give you a much better idea of how things are going for you and what you can expect given the specifics of your hernia and the type/position of the incision that was used for your procedure.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 1:36 PM on May. 30, 2009