Is it normal to feel pain in your belly when you had a c-section nine months ago and are pregnant again??

I am very recently pregnant again with my second and had my first almost ten months ago by c section... Is it normal for it to hurt while your uterus is expanding again???

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 10:10 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I personally have not experienced this yet, however my DS is 9 months old and we are possibly pregnant again, so I was wondering about incision pain. I can feel the inner and outer incision when I do physical activity, so I am guessing that it would be pretty normal to feel pain as the uterus grows. It totally freaks me out to think of the incisions getting stretched, sorry, I probably just freaked you out more. I would ask your OB about it, hopefully we won't have too much trouble!
    Anonymous

• I have not had this experience either but some friends have and they have said that they have some pains, nothing like excruciating but little twinges of pain, heck my dauther is almost 10 months and I'm not prego again and I still have pains sometimes down there. I'd say it's pretty normal!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:14 PM on May. 29, 2009

• yes yes yes. i got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 5 months old, and now pregnant with #3 when #2 was 11 months old. its normal to feel that pain, just dont move around to fast, otherwise you will get sharp, stabbing pains. and remember that up to 5 years or longer after your c section that it will still be numb and somewhat irritating.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:32 PM on May. 29, 2009