Please help!!I have a fussy colicy baby and tried everything possible..Needing more ideas!

Kaylinsmommy09

Asked by Kaylinsmommy09 at 10:17 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Massage her tummy. Don't they have like a little gas drop for infants?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Have you talked to your doctor? They are learning SO much about colic now. I got a prescription for my son. I only gave him the drops on his worst days, but it lessened the screaming from like 6 hours to less than 2! THere are also some great groups on here for colic. I don't have a lot of advice. Nothing seemed to work much with my son. My hubby would come home from work in the evening, turn off the light downstairs, and rock madly for over an hour until our little guy was asleep. It gave me a break from the insanity!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:23 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I've heard that a chiropractor that specializes in infants/children can help a lot! If I had a colicy baby I'd sure give it a try!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I have the drops and rub all the time i just dont know what else to do.I have tried all the old wives tales and all!I havnt heard about the chriprator yet though!
    Kaylinsmommy09

Answer by Kaylinsmommy09 at 10:43 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Have you tried changing formulas. When my son was an infant he had colic really bad. I switched him to Nutramigen and he was so much happier.
    stantonalleymom

Answer by stantonalleymom at 10:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• We've switched 3 times!
    Kaylinsmommy09

Answer by Kaylinsmommy09 at 10:51 PM on May. 29, 2009

• She does alot better on her new formula but still is really bad!But my Dr. look at me as a young new dumb mom!I hate it.I have raised 3 kids already.She is just really diff!
    Kaylinsmommy09

Answer by Kaylinsmommy09 at 10:53 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Gripe water was the only thing that worked for my baby. You can find it at Target (The brand is Little Tummies) or at health food stores. It's basically fennel water, and it works really well for upset tummies.
    Sassinaglass

Answer by Sassinaglass at 11:21 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Hmm havnt heard of that one either...Now i feel dumb
    Kaylinsmommy09

Answer by Kaylinsmommy09 at 11:25 PM on May. 29, 2009

• Chiropractic, gripe water, tummy massage, carry baby in a baby sling, use live liquid acidophilus (from a health food store), switch to goat's milk (grocery store in the formula aisle or with evaporated milks in a can, mix 1/2 and 1/2 with water and feed same amount as formula. It digests easily and quickly like breastmilk. An ENT recommended this to a friend with a child who couldn't tolerate formulas and I use it for supplementing with my infants.)

You're welcome to pm me if you have questions. I had one who was never even really happy on nutramigen, but it was the best we ever got and I didn't know about goat's milk. Then another was completely BF but lived in a sling for 3 months bc it was the only place she didn't scream. My little guy now drinks goat's milk twice daily and he's always been happy. The three in the middle never were colicky.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 12:38 AM on May. 30, 2009