Easing a baby's cough?

Is there anything I can do to ease my 4 month old's cough? It's keeping him up at night. The air isn't dry but I did try the humidifier, still coughing. Would Vicks Vapor Plug-In help? (He doesn't have a fever)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on May. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah the Vicks vapor Plug in wud work...but if ur baby has a small room i wouldnt use that because it is VERY strong smellin...but theres also a Baby Vicks rub at walmart in the baby section that what i used and it helped her out...and maybe try to give ur baby like an OZ of water a couple times a day
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 10:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I would try that or else buy a vaporizer and the Vicks solution that you put in the water that's for coughing. If it's real bad you should take him to the Dr. to make sure he doesn't have something more severe. Also prop one end of the crib up a notch so he's at an incline that will also help a lot!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:34 PM on May. 29, 2009

• At this age, if he has a persistent cough I would call the doc ASAP.

The humidifier will help, along with baby vicks.

I heard a trick to rub vicks on the bottoms of his feet and put socks on, but I don't know if that works, but it can't hurt.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:55 PM on May. 29, 2009

• i agree you should take him to the doctor, they can get seriously congested so very fast and then you are in trouble.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:59 AM on May. 30, 2009